At MaculaCare, your eye health is our primary concern. In order to make your visit with us as smooth as possible, there are some important points to note.
PRIOR TO YOUR VISIT
- You should gather and bring in all records and/or documentation of diagnostic tests and photographs if performed and available. Do not worry; if it is the first time you are being seen for your eye condition, we will perform all necessary tests.
- Also bring your insurance card, medication list and any other pertinent health documents to facilitate a smooth visit.
- A physician referral may be required by your insurance. Please make sure you obtain one if necessary.
- For your convenience, you can print and fill out our Patient Registration Form. Please bring the form with you on the day of your appointment.
ON THE DAY OF YOUR VISIT
- Prior to seeing your doctor will see a trained ophthalmic technician who will obtain a detailed history and check your vision to prepare you to see your doctor.
- Your visit will likely include a dilated eye exam which can leave your eyes blurry for 3-4 hours following your eye exam.
- Your doctor may order several diagnostic tests and ocular imaging as part of your evaluation.
- Your doctor will examine you, review the findings of diagnostic test and develop a treatment plan for you.